Nonimmigrant visas are for international travelers (citizens of other countries), coming to the U.S. temporarily. The visa, placed in your passport when issued, allows you to travel to a U.S. port-of-entry (airport, for example) and request permission of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection immigration officer to enter the U.S. A visa does not guarantee entry into the U.S.

International travelers come to the U.S. for a wide variety of reasons, including tourism, business, medical treatment and certain types of temporary work.

  • Business visitors (B-1)
  • Tourism, vacation, pleasure visitors (B-2)
  • Exchange visitors (J)
  • Temporary Workers

H-Temporary Employees (H-1B, H-2A, H-2B, and H3)
L-Intracompany Transferees (L-1A, and L-1B)
E-Treaty Traders and Investors (E-1, and E-2)
TN-NAFTA Workers (TN-1, and TN-2)
O-Aliens of Extraordinary Ability and assisting personnel (O-1, and O-2)
P-Artists, athletes, and entertainers (P-1, P-2, and P-3)
R-Religious Workers (R-1)

  • Students (F-1, M-1)
  • Spouses, fiancés, or fiancées of United States citizens (K-1, K-2, K-3, and K-4)

For any other non-immigrant visa matter, contact our Texas law firm. Our lawyers can offer more information on obtaining, changing, or extending your status in the U.S